On a day-to-day they carry out a variety of Logistics functions required to ensure that all logistical activities are delivered efficiently, accurately and on-time.
Logistics Officer Key Activity Areas
- Oversee receiving, warehousing, distribution and maintenance operations
- Adhere to all warehousing, handling and shipping legislation requirements
- Prepare complete documentation for procurement of medicines and medical supplies.
- Prepare payment dossiers for medicines and medical supplies.
- Liaise with clients, suppliers and transport companies
- Ensure medicines and medical supplies are properly stored.
- Setup layout and ensure efficient space utilization
- Supervise and Update the Stock Fulfilment Plan and support of contingency requirements.
- Ensure consistency of warehouse documentation and reporting.
- Ensure physical inventories are conducted on a monthly basis.
- Ensure loss reports are drafted and sent to the Manager.
- Maintain asset list and submit monthly revisions to the Manager.
- Check that dead-lines of medicines deliveries to the partners are respected.
- Supervise that the Warehouse is properly set-up, cleaning and security conditions are respected.
- Maintain Waybills and Receipts of goods.
- Ensure logistic department is compliant with UAE guidelines, policies, and procedures.
Requirements of Logistics Officer
- Professional / vocational / technical qualification in logistics management with an emphasis on inventory management and procurement.
- Strong working knowledge of English (spoken and written).
- 3 years post-qualification professional experience of which at least 2 years should be in procurement, health supply chains, inventory management and transport.
- Work experience in logistics.
- Able to make decisions. Can prioritise work to meet deadlines.
- Competent with administrative tasks. Problem solving ability. Attention to detail.