As an IT Support Engineer you will report to the IT Manager at your home site and will be responsible for working closely with the business, your colleagues and remote support teams to implement and maintain critical infrastructure elements as well as some day to day support to meet our operations present and future business needs. You will be an escalation point for the team of IT Support Technicians, remote teams and Operations on technical issues as well as an interface between these teams as required.
Besides your day-to-day activities, there will be plenty of opportunities for you to get involved in projects and innovate. You will be a key part of a multinational team, thrive in delivering high-quality results and always be on the lookout for improvements.
Working as part of a busy support team your key duties will require you to implement and maintain IT infrastructure, as well as interfacing confidently both verbally and written to senior management stakeholders at varying levels across multiple business entities. You will provide a support service that ensures all IT equipment and infrastructure is running to its optimum performance and that all departmental Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and Service Level Agreements (SLAs) are met on your home site as well as any remote sites that you and your team also support. You will also be running projects across the site, working closely with the business, fellow engineers and remote support teams to implement changes and/or additions to the site’s technology infrastructure to support changing business and IT requirements. You will also have a keen eye for business and/or technology trends. There is a requirement for occasional travel.
The extent of your responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Managing the availability of all IT equipment and infrastructure through continuous improvement and continuously look to improve equipment efficiencies and cost reductions accordingly.
- Liaising with global SME teams to facilitate the installation and maintenance of networking and server infrastructure, in accordance to Amazon standards.
- The creation, review, revision and execution of change management requests and project plans as required.
- Perform site audits on technical infrastructure to ensure adherence to latest Amazon IT and Health & Safety guidelines as required.
- Represent the IT department in site meetings / conference calls and be the point of contact/escalation for the business and other support functions.
- Act as a point of contact for contractors or external suppliers and clearly communicate technical issues and Amazon standards.
- Undertake project management:
- Act as a single point of contact for projects.
- Provide technical and management support/input to site and team projects/initiatives.
- Keep key stakeholders informed of progress of projects and maintain project documentation in the required format.
- Provide validation and sanity check the technical execution of projects.
- Provide direction and support to the IT Support Technicians as required with regards to trouble tickets (issues) and action items (requests).
- Managing and supporting the updating and auditing of departmental documentation.
- Continuously be focused on your customers, delivering an outstanding level of service.
- Interact with suppliers, request quotes and purchase equipment in accordance with policies, budgets and operational demand.
- Produce weekly reports covering metrics and work performed.
- Contribute to the paid on-call schedule covering your home site and sites within your node/region for high severity incidents.